Thursday, November 15

Lucas Chronicles: Tough Crowd

I should be in bed as I am back to work, Lucas is home and feeling much better and I just created a Twitter account for him.  AS if we don't have enough social media. I have two things to talk about tonight:

1)Lucas!!!  We finally came home from the hospital after another 6 day unexpected stay due to fever, infection and then viral infection.  WE came home with his port accessed.  That means he has a HUGE needle penetrating his chest and a tube coming out of that along with a dressing.  We have to wrap an ACE bandage all the way around his entire chest.  This may the norm for the next 4 weeks according the "smart ones" at the hospital. I will reserve my opinion for awhile.  The official bacterial infection is staph.  Not Mersa but a close cousin!!  Tuesday, Rina called and said we are ready to go home around noon.  Franco and I rushed around the house to get ready and head to the hospital to get them.  We arrived around 11am and fought the hoards of hospital-goers to get upstairs to see the Bear.  At 1230PM I signed the discharge papers.  10 minutes later we were informed that we needed to wait a little because the Infectious Disease "people" wanted to see us before we left to make an evaluation regarding the duration of the IV antibiotic that we will need to give Lucas.  At 315 pm, I finally went down to the nurses station to find how much longer we had to wait.  Keep in mind, I SIGNED THE DISCHARGE PAPERS.  We were free to go, but I stayed because it was supposed to benefit our son.  At 415 the ID "people" came.   Looked at Lucas, left, came back in, looked at him again and said 4 weeks of treatment.  Not our fault you stayed here for 3 hours more.  It is now 5pm, the resident comes in to tell us the same thing, we ask for our primary team to make an appearance.  6pm, 2 minute meeting with our APN and we pack and LEAVE.  I gave you the collapsed version of the day because, believe it or not, I am so irritated, even I don't want to talk about it anymore.  Lucas seems to be improving every day.  The major downfall is the administration of his meds every 8 hours of which Midnight is one of them.  Hence, why I am still awake. Blood work tomorrow and then another update.  Please be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

2)Readers and updates.  I am trying my hardest to keep all avenues of social media connected and updated.  I just created the Lucasbearheroes Twitter page because I apparently like torture!!  Please be sure to subscribe in the upper left hand corner of the page to make sure you don't miss out on this amazing blog!!!!  I love to write and talk to all of you as it is truly my therapy for this world I live in.  I am and always have been open to suggestions to make your reading experience more enjoyable and entertaining.  Please be sure to let me know what you want to see.

No comments: