Saturday, November 10

Lucas Chronicles: Staying Positive

A brief phone call this evening is prompting this post.  I've said it many times, staying positive is the absolute hardest thing to do.  I do it for my sons, my wife and my family.  I do it because it needs to be done and I am the one to do it.  I stay strong for my family because that is what I have been charged with.  It is my responsibility, my duty, my calling.  When you see your son looking like this, I will be the first to admit that it sucks the life from you.  Simply breaks your heart.  However I know that I have to fight through that for my bear, my wife, my family.

I am not a hero, a saint nor am I looking for recognition.  I do what I do because I am who I am.  I don't think about it, I just do it.  Lucas is MY driving force to keep going everyday.  To take care of him and make sure he is getting the best treatment possible.  To take care of his mommy and brother and make sure they are happy and healthy and feel safe and secure.  If you don't know me, this post won't come across very well.  IF you do know me, then you understand what I am saying.

I am here for you, I always have been and always will be.  Every day I focus on staying focused and remembering not to sweat the small stuff (I don't do very well with that most of the time, but I try!)  This is the life we have been given, no matter what your beliefs and we must adjust and continue on the path.

I will send another update this weekend as we know more of what is going on with Lucas' infection.  Thanks again for following and reading.  Please comment and comment often.

Support Lucas anyway you can.  Be sure to always bring awareness not only about Lucas but pediatric cancer as well.

Good Night

Your humble author...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said my brother!!! You are a hero, you have always been my baby brother HERO!!!Love to you all, prayers and positive thoughts!!!!