Tuesday, November 27

Lucas Chronicles: Consolidation Phase 2

Midnight and I should be in bed, but I fear we will have a busy week and I am taking the night shift at the hospital so I can work during the day.  We are going back to the hospital in the morning. Bear is scheduled for a routine lumbar puncture but this time they are doing the procedure in the clinic rather than the O.R. This is scary for both mom and me.  Lucas will not be under anesthesia but rather, what they call, twilighted and also given a pain killer at the injection site.  He will be awake for the procedure, but isn't supposed to feel anything. As you know, we have had some big issues with the O.R. department and our primary care team keeps suggesting that we try the clinic approach.  We shall see what this brings.

Off to bed and I'm sure there will be some late night updates from me through out the week.  Please share Lucas' facebook and twitter pages.  We not only want to bring awareness to his battles, but we are following some other families that are struggling much more than we are and they need to know we are there for them.

No comments: