Monday, May 6

Lucas Chronicles: A month gone by

Almost a month has gone by since my last post. Where did the time go?  Let's see:  Lucas is back in the hospital tonight for blood in his poop. We are waiting for results right now.

My grandmother passed away on April 16th. She was 91 years old and had begun to fade away quickly after my dad died.  However, she fought until the end.  I was able to go back to Ohio for the funeral but had to leave the family in Chicago because Lucas was in the hospital for chemo.

Some great people were able to donate coffee makers and a tricycle to the 17th floor on our behalf.  It was awesome to be there when everything was delivered.

Franco got a sibling kit from Beads of Courage and he was super excited to read about each of HIS beads and what they stand for. He sees Lucas get all of these beads every month and the story they tell. Now he can tell his own story as well.

I'm worried about my job. The time I have taken for Lucas over the last 8 months has taken its toll on my career. We've also had some territory changes for our client and it doesn't constitute two people doing my job.  In order to keep a paycheck and diversify my skills, I applied for a position within the company. I had an interview last week and hope to hear something this week one way or another.

Spent the weekend getting our yard ready for the summer.  Here's to another summer.  Cleaned the garage and got the herb garden going. Now here Lucas and I sit in the ER, waiting for answers.

No comments: