Wednesday, December 5

Lucas Chronicles: Clinic Visits....


Day 2 of 6 unexpected clinic visits due the allergic reaction.  Lucas is napping right now.  The new routine is to come to the clinic, get a quick check up and then wait for a HUGE shot in his leg.  After the shot, we wait.....just wait.  For what you might ask?  ANOTHER ALLERGIC REACTION!!!  This is very frustrating.  The shot in his leg hurts a ton because it goes directly into the muscle (called IM here at the hospital).  He doesn't feel the shot go into the skin, but when she pushes the medicine it is very painful.

We will be back on Friday and then again Mon-Wed-Fri of next week for the same thing.  Then we go inpatient on the 18th for a few days.  I feel another heart wrenching post in the works as I think about these last few weeks.  I'll check in soon.  Please keep reading and if you are on Facebook and Twitter, please like Lucas' pages and feel free to share them as well as this blog.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Heartbreaking...
I wish his better, I pray him better, I see him better...
Keep the faith and know you are not alone.

Love you all.